Wednesday, October 22, 2014

INTRODUCING...The Hands 4 Uganda 2014 Fall Team

It's crazy to think our team of 6 will be leaving on October 29th!  I would like to introduce you to our Hands 4 Uganda 2014 team:

Introducing the team from First Assembly Community Ministries in Lafayette, Indiana...


Cathi Delp & Connie Tolley


Connie Tolley
I've always supported missions and have seen my husband and kids go on mission trips but had not until last year. I had the opportunity to go to India. Now I get to go to Uganda and be with all the lovely people I've heard so much about. What an opportunity God is giving me in this season of my life."

Cathi Delp
When I was in elementary school we had pen pals from other countries. My first pen pal was from Africa & from that time on I always dreamed of going to Africa. In 2013 that dream came true as I joined a team from Idaho & was introduced to Jinja, Uganda! Now, one year later, I'm going back.


Syd Hair
Syd w/sponsored child, Sammy
I developed my love for Uganda in 2008, my first visit! I met and fell in love with Abdu and Betty Wasswa and their heart for reaching the children of Mbiiko Uganda with the love of Jesus, through education! In 2008 there were 11 kids attending Rock of Ages. In 2010 God put together an amazing team to return to Uganda! Through that team, Hands 4 Uganda, our non-profit organization was birthed!!! The school has grown to over 220!  
My goal and hope with this outreach is that God will provide opportunities for us to share the stories of the unsponsored children and that by the time we return these remaining 69 children will have sponsors! We will also be delivering new shoes to ALL of the children...and THAT....is a big deal, to these precious children!!!


Our Iowa teammates from Eastside Christian Church:

Pam Lindemann
I am excited to be the photographer for this mission. My hope is to capture emotion, beauty and the souls of the people inJinja. I started this journey over a year ago. God has opened doors in my education and developing my photography style. So get ready Rock of Ages school to show me your SMILES and JOY!


Lynette Bayer
My name is Lynnette Bayer. I live in Treynor, IA. I have been married to my wonderful husband for eighteen years.  We have two children, Kelsey (14 years old, in 9th grade) and Cole (12 years old, in 7th grade). Our church has greatly supported us in this mission. 

I did not sign my teaching contract this year because I wanted to focus on being a wife and a mom. I have prayed, "God use me!"  God spoke to me through the book, Kisses from Katie and my lovely friend Pam, which led to an invitation to this trip to Uganda.  My daughter Kelsey and I are getting the opportunity to say 'yes' to God. I look forward to meeting these beautiful Ugandan adults and children of God!
 


Kelsey Bayer (Our youngest team mate)
Just simply said, I love Jesus. He is my Superhero!  I am in ninth grade, at Treynor High School, in Treynor, IA. I have an interesting pet, a hedgehog, (Ginger) and a cat named Mo. I enjoy coffee, Dr. Who, gnomes, baking, and being with friends. Laughing is my favorite! I absolutely love being with children and old people! I desperately try to show Christ's love to others, by demonstrating His free joy! My dream in life is to SHINE FOR THE KING!!!!!!!



Our team hopes you will follow our adventures and journey to Uganda!  All of us wish to say THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts for your support, encouragement and prayers!!!  

Blessings
Syd Hair

No comments:

Post a Comment