Thursday, November 6, 2014

Today is the day that the Lord has made!

Day 6- 11-5-2014


Someone had this grand idea to wake up at 6:30a.m., and go for a hike to climb a mountain.  I loved the hiking idea, but if anyone knows me very well I am NOT a morning person!  It’s pathetic, I try so hard to be joyful and happy to be alive, but it just doesn’t ever seem to happen!  But, give me like a 10 minute wake up time with Jesus and I’m fine!  So we were off, first thing in the morn, to the mountain.  You wouldn’t believe how beautiful it is here!!  Poverty and overpopulation could never ever steal God’s creation glory.  I absolutely love how the scenery is constantly screaming praise to God!

  
After the refreshing hike, we were off to the school to do crafts with the students at the Rock of Ages Academy.  I was privileged to help my mom (Lynnette) with the crafts that she put together for the kids.  We sang songs and read the Bible story of Jesus’ birth to the children; they are great singers and listeners!  Then we made a foam example of the manger scene with Joseph, Mary, and Jesus.  It was so much fun!  We also gave the kids each a special copy of the book that explained the birth of our King, Jesus.  After this outstanding time with the older kiddos, my mom and I went to help Pam with the younger kids.  Both the kids and us had a great time decorating picture frames to put pictures of themselves in and making cotton ball sheep to represent that Jesus is our Good Shepherd.  I love helping, serving, and teaching these children of God!


    Soon after all of the crafts were finished, I went back to Abdu’s house to meet Susan because she was willing to plait my hair.  This is what you see on most African Americans when they have many many tiny braids in their hair.  Susan sacrificed her time to do this to my hair!!  It looks so cool!

    While Susan was braiding my hair, the other ladies went to visit their sponsored children’s homes.  This was quite the experience from what I heard from their stories.  As they visited their homes, they took with them rice and sugar as gifts for their families.  This is not a normal gift that you would expect or want if you lived in America, but here it  was like Christmas for them!  They were overjoyed to receive this simple gift!

    Here at Abdu and Betty’s house their hospitality is abundant.  They always have an open door to all visitors and friends.  We feel very safe and secure at their home.   There is no need to worry!

    Time to wrap this day up as tomorrow we have a very early/busy day!  Goodnight, God Bless, and thanks for reading!!!



    By Kelsey and Team 

No comments:

Post a Comment