Sunday, November 2, 2014

Working for Jesus



Our 2nd Day: 11-1-2014
Seeing the different culture of a new Continent/Country is so much fun, but actually doing work that Jesus would do is even more fun!    - Last night I woke up to a raging African rainstorm!  (Just thought that I should add that cool experience in!!)  
Syd getting her hair braided by Susan!
Today we went to visit some widows who lived in the village of Namimya.  These sweet sweet sweet women absolutely love Jesus!  They made us some delicious pumpkin and banana bread. (sooo yummy!) 

Baking Bread
  On this journey to visit these ladies, we had the opportunity to bless them with jewelry and other gifts.  They loved these so much!  Thank you to all who donated to them!  


  We also had the amazing opportunity to wash their feet, like Jesus did!  We washed them with bottles of water, and we prayed over their precious calloused feet.  One of the ladies (Sarah) thought that this washing symbolized how Jesus is never finished with us and our walk.  I think that’s so cool!  These extraordinary ladies let us pray over them, and they also prayed over us.   Even though most of them don’t speak in English, we could feel the same spirit of the Holy Spirit.  I can’t even describe how powerful this was!  Amazing!!! 

Later that evening, I got the chance to pour out my heart to Abdu and Betty’s joyful children. (Moses, Ruth, Hannah, and Abby J)  O my goodness these amazing children just desire so much to be played with, and I let them lead me in their play!  I love them so much!!  Their giggles are priceless!

Being in Africa is just so great, I love it so much!  God is showing me to treasure every moment, and to not worry about time.  Syd’s perspective is to focus on the “who’s” in life.  Not the “what”- “when’s”- “where’s”-“why’s”-and, “how’s.”  We need to love everyone; the “who’s.”  Today was outstanding and I can’t wait for tomorrow!!!  All glory goes to Jesus!!!! J
     By Kelsey and Team

No comments:

Post a Comment