Saturday, April 7, 2012

Meet the Team #2: Kirsten & Jen

       Wow! It is almost time for the team to leave for Uganda.  Only 5 days left.  Even though the trip is right at our doorstep, somehow the trip is tough to think about as we are so enamored in this Easter season by our Savior's death and resurrection.  Praise God for Jesus and all that He does for us. 
       None the less, it is time to meet two more members of the team, Kirsten Harr & Jen Robinson.  Sadly, I am not personally acquainted with either of these ladies enough to give heart felt affirmations as I introduce them.  However, I trust that God has brought our paths together for a great purpose, and I trust that I will have plenty of great things to say about them after we serve in Africa together.  I asked each of them to share a bit about themselves through email, and this is what they had to say about themselves:

           "Jennifer Robinson, age 33, is married to Josh and first learned of the people of Uganda through “Kisses from Katie,” the book written by a missionary in the Jinja area. She was so touched by what she read that when she learned of Hands 4 Uganda, she found a way to join God’s work in this organization. She has 10 years medical experience as a physician assistant and hopes to be able to offer some sort of medical help to those she meets on the trip. She is also looking forward to working with children in any capacity, and has the heart of a mother who yearns to nurture these kids even if just for a short time. She partners with Josh in youth ministry in their home town of Pocatello, and has been on a few mission efforts in the past. She and her husband have two daughters, ages 2 and 4, and enjoy spending as much time with them as possible."


        "My name is Kirsten. I was born and raised in Virginia but I am currently living in North Carolina. I was raised by parents who taught me about Jesus from a very young age and grew up going to church. It wasn't until I went to college, however, that I truly believe my faith became my own. After graduating from college, I served in the Army for 5 years. My husband, also Karla's nephew, is still serving in the Army. I learned about Hands4Uganda from Karla and she invited me to join the group traveling this year. I've always had a heart for serving others and look for ways to volunteer in whichever community God has me in. Since a young age, I've dreamed of participating in the international missions field. This will be my first time doing overseas missions work, and I'm really looking forward to seeing God's hand in this trip and being completely open to being used by Him. My biggest worry is that I won't have enough gifts to give everyone." 

        I eagerly look forward to serving beside these women in Africa.  May God be with us as we set up the final preparations and logistics before travel.  Thank God that the Lord is in the details.  Praise Jesus for his death and resurrection.

In Christ,

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment