Monday, April 2, 2012

Upcoming Visit to Rock of Ages! Meet the Team #1: Karla Reynolds

This is the Team
    

           Oh how the time is slipping away before a new disjointed crew of disciples comes together to serve in Uganda at the Rock of Ages school. The most recent team, consisting of six people from all over the US, will leave on April 12. However, before the journey officially begins, it would be great to get to know the members of the team. Who are these people that God has brought together for His purposes? Well, here is a chance to hear about one of our team members, Karla Reynolds. This is what Karla had to say about the upcoming trip and what events brought her to a second mission to Uganda.

            "My first trip to Uganda was two years ago. I fell in love with the people and the land and came away heartsick having seen hungry children, children that were going uneducated, children dying from diseases that were curable with a few cents worth of drugs. I came back with the conviction that God willing, I would try and a make difference. I couldn’t help everyone I had met, but I could help a few. With a few other companions who were also moved by what they saw on that trip, we started Hands4Uganda, an organization dedicated to supporting and growing Rock of Ages school, believing that one of the best ways to help break the cycle of extreme poverty is thru education. My biggest worry for our trip is health and safety, but I am looking forward to seeing the kids at ROA, renewing friendships and starting new ones. I pray that God will bless the team that He has put together and will use us while we are there to bless and encourage the folks he puts in our path."
  
           I can personally say that Karla has already done a tremendous job in leading the team so far. Her past experience is a blessing to the team, and her passion for the Ugandan people already shines out as we prepare for the trip. I praise God that she stepped out boldly and that she has chosen to return to Uganda. Thank God for her compassionate heart and her willingness to share this adventure with the other members of the team.

          Stay tuned to hear about the other unique members of the team!

God's peace and blessing.
In Christ,

Mark Tatham

No comments:

Post a Comment