Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Meet the Team #3: Michelle Strickler

           Our bags are packed, and we are ready to go.  But we are not John Denver, and we pray for safe travels as we fly.  Hopefully that is not too offensive, because we have another member of the team to introduce.  Even though I don't currently know Michelle Strickler very well, I had the opportunity to read a bit of her testimony. Let me just say that I eagerly look forward to serving with her in Uganda, and I look forward to what she has to teach me about the love of Jesus.  Here are a few words from the testimony that she shared with me:
       
         "There have been many rocky times in my life, but I can see now that what God promises in Philippians 4:13 is true: “I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.” I think that He has allowed the struggles in my life to tear down my pride and remind me of His goodness in delivering me through all that life brings. 
          I and my husband, Steve, have been blessed with five beautiful children. Our oldest, Jon, is a college junior and will be marrying his high school sweetheart this summer – we are thrilled. Paul is graduating from high school and making final decisions about which college to attend, while Sarah (16), Ben (14) and Luke (10) will continue to keep our home busy!
          I presently fill my days with all the fun activities of being a “stay at home mom”. I volunteer at church and school and help out with after school activities that my kids are involved in.
          I so look forward to this opportunity to serve with other believers in Uganda. God has reserved a tender place in my heart for the orphans and widows and I hope our service there can be a blessing.
          I love this thought: “God doesn’t call the equipped, He equips the called” and I certainly pray He is equipping each of us for work and the blessings He has in store in Uganda."

         Praise God for calling Michelle to go on this mission.  I trust that He will equip her for all that He has planned.  May God be with us in these final days and as me make our way to Africa.

God's peace,
Mark Tatham 

No comments:

Post a Comment